Everyone catches themselves pulling their phone out of their pocket multiple times a day. Our mobile devices have become ingrained in our daily routines. Consumers have the power of the worldwide web at their fingertips. Making your advertisers accessible to consumers is important, but what about making them stand out in the crowd of options? Check out these tips from Google Ads on how to make mobile advertising effective and learn how AdVantage can keep you one step ahead of the competition.
All of the following statistics are taken from the Think Google guide linked below.
Method #3: Build Content for Smaller Screens
We all find ourselves scrolling on our mobile devices longer than we care to admit. Between social media and online retailers, it seems like ads are always popping up to suggest new products and services. If you want to help your advertisers maximize their success, optimizing content for mobile devices is a big step. Here are some tips on how to make your images readable, relevant, and effective.
- Catch the consumer’s attention by connecting your call to action with a properly framed photo ad.
- Using natural lighting and tight framing on specific people or objects will help your customers focus on what your businesses are advertising.
- Formatting images using high-resolution assets (1200px+ wide) ensures that they are readable and free of blurriness and pixelation.
- Avoid images that appear distorted or have too many filters and features. We want consumers to see the image and easily focus on the product
- AdVantage Tip: Combine up to 10 images into a slideshow ad for social campaigns to generate a compelling video without the expense of video production.
- If you want to use any logos, text, or buttons as an overlay for your images, they should be no larger than 20% of the image’s size. Keeping text minimal also fosters readability and an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Images without overlaid text, or with overlaid text less than 20 characters, tend to perform 1.2 times better for their campaign goals versus images with longer overlaid text.
- AdVantage Tip: Utilize both the in-app preview tool and the Merchant Center to see exactly how your ads will appear to users.
Check back later for more AdVantage hacks and tips for advertising success!
To learn more about AdVantage, Request a Demo today.